Early detection increases cancer survival rates. Memorial’s Mobile Health Coach brings screenings and information on breast health to the community. We can assist in scheduling screenings for skin, head/neck, thoracic, prostate, breast, cervical and colorectal cancers. Our Centers for Cancer Support at Memorial and Memorial Hixson hospitals have educational materials and knowledgeable staff to inform you about signs and symptoms of cancer.
Your risk of cancer increases through:
- Habitual tobacco use, now or in the past
- Sedentary lifestyles
- Increased weight gain
- Diets high in saturated fats and processed foods and low in fresh vegetables and fruits
- Age—many cancers are more likely to occur in older individuals
- Family history—many cancers, like breast cancer, have a genetic link.
Five things you can do to help prevent cancer:
- Stop or don’t start smoking.
- Be active.
- Maintain a healthy weight through a diet low in saturated fats and processed foods and high in fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Know your genetic risks.
- Participate in regular cancer screenings.
For more information on cancer prevention, call the Centers for Cancer Support at (423) 495-7778.
Advanced breast cancer diagnosis and care, delivered from the heart.
> learn more
Novalis Tx™ precisely targets tumors,sparing healthy tissue.
> learn more
Less pain, less scarring and reduced chance of side effects.
">> learn more