Trans Fat Facts and Fiction
Not all fats are alike, and trans fats get even less respect than their natural counterparts. Although most trans fats are consumed from processed foods, some are found naturally in meat and dairy products.
1. Most of the trans fats (also called trans fatty acids) consumed come from a process called hydrogenation, which:
2. You can find trans fats in:
3. Your best daily dose of trans fat is:
4. Trans fat can contribute to heart disease because:
5. The Food and Drug Administration requires that:
6. The best way to avoid trans fats is: