How Much Do You Know About the Hantavirus?
First identified in the early 1990s in the desert Southwest, the hantavirus has been reported in more than 30 states. Learn more about the virus and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS) by taking this quiz, based on information from the CDC.
1. Where have most cases of HPS been reported?
2. Hantaviruses are spread to humans through contact with certain animals. Which animals?
3. How is the hantavirus transmitted?
4. Who is most likely to be exposed to the hantavirus?
5. Which of these is a symptom of HPS?
6. How is HPS treated?
7. The best way to prevent infection by the hantavirus is to keep rodents out of your home. How can you do this?
8. How can you tell if you have a rodent problem in your home?