Take the West Nile Virus Quiz
When dealing with West Nile virus, prevention is your best bet. Protecting yourself against mosquito bites reduces your risk of getting this disease, along with others that mosquitoes can carry.
1. West Nile virus belongs to a group of viruses known as flaviviruses. How are these viruses spread?
2. Humans aren't the preferred host of the mosquitoes that carry the West Nile virus. What is the usual host?
3. Which group of people is at higher risk for becoming seriously ill with West Nile virus?
4. Which of these may be a symptom of West Nile virus infection in a healthy person?
5. Which of these is a serious complication of West Nile virus infection?
6. Which of these is a treatment for West Nile virus infection?
7. Which of these are ways to prevent getting infected with West Nile virus?