How Much Do You Know About International Travel and Health?
Test your knowledge of how to stay healthy when traveling abroad.
1. International travel may require prophylactic medicines and vaccines. How long before departure should you see your doctor?
2. Hepatitis A is most likely to be contracted during travel to which of these regions?
3. Blood clots can develop in the lower leg during extended travel by air or motor vehicle. How often should you move around to keep your circulation normal?
4. If you become ill while traveling abroad, where should you call for help?
5. Low humidity and recirculated air in airplanes can cause dehydration. Which of these beverages hydrate the best?
6. Which of these beverages would be the safest to drink while traveling abroad?
7. Which of these foods would likely be safe to eat in a rural area of southeast Asia?
8. Which of these first-aid items should you always travel with?