CHI Memorial has taken every precaution to protect patients and caregivers. Any patient with COVID-19 or who is being actively tested to rule out COVID-19 is placed in units separate from other patients. These measures have helped to keep everyone safe; this process of isolating patients in the testing pathway, masking and monitoring, will continue indefinitely. CHI Memorial will continue to obey strict social distancing and will continue to restrict visitors to ensure proper social distancing. The hospitals are very safe and we intend to ensure they remain so.
- Every staff member, patient, and visitor is screened and required to wear a loop mask.
- COVID-19 testing for patients prior to conducting certain procedures to provide appropriate care and reduce the risk of infection for caregivers.
- Prioritization of procedures, reduced patient volume for physicians and caregivers, and social distancing guidelines for visitors.
- Careful monitoring of the number of COVID-19 patients in the community.
- Enhanced cleanings and disinfection throughout our facilities and in all operating rooms between procedures and at the end of every day.
Serving our communities is our calling. We look forward to doing what our mission calls us to do each day and provide the care that our patients and our communities depend on. Our care environment is different than it was before the COVID-19 pandemic, but we are just as dedicated to providing high-quality care that is responsive to the needs of our community and reflective of the dedication of our caregivers. Thank you for your support in creating a safe care environment.