General & Emergency Department (ED) Visitation
- One designated visitor per 24 hours is welcome per patient. If during the hospital stay, the designated visitor needs to change to a different person, the patient will notify the nurse. If the patient is unable to identify a visitor, the power of attorney will be responsible for identifying the designated visitor.
- Children under age 14 are not allowed to visit.
- Visitors will be screened upon entry, every time.
- Visitors must wash hands upon entry and wear a loop mask at all times (including when in the patient’s room). Gloves may not be worn by visitors.
- Visitors may exit and reenter the facility via the B entrance until 7 p.m. and A entrance until 9 p.m. Reentry is not available after those times.
- Visitor must stay in room, leaving only to obtain food from the cafeteria or Subway. Visitors may not use the lobby areas as lounge areas.
Intensive Care Units (ICUs)
- One designated visitor will be welcome per patient following visitation hours: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please do not arrive prior to visitation hours for social distancing.
- Visitors may not stay in between visitation hours or overnight in waiting room areas.
- End of life patients – those patients not expected to survive a hospital stay – 2 visitors will be allowed to rotate every 24 hours and 1 visitor will be allowed to remain overnight. (Max of 3 visitors in 24 hours). (Non-COVID Med/Surg/Tele Units). General visitation rules apply.
- For emergency surgeries and procedures, one visitor may check in after 9 p.m.
Visitors may not accompany patients who are having a non-invasive outpatient test without sedation unless the patient clearly needs assistance due to issues with physical mobility or mental/verbal comprehension.
No visitors for positive COVID-19 patients or those on the PUI COVID pathway.
Entrances for Visitors
CHI Memorial Hospital Chattanooga
- Guerry Heart and Vascular Center patient rooms: Entrance A from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- South tower patient rooms: Entrance B from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mon-Fri; 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sat-Sun.
- 4 East patient rooms: Entrance F from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Critical Care Unit patient rooms: Entrance A
- MICU and CVICU patient rooms: Entrance B
CHI Memorial Hospital Hixson
- Main Entrance: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Emergency Department Outpatient Services: 24/7
CHI Memorial Hospital Georgia
- Main Entrance: 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Emergency Department: 24/7