As the area’s only community hospital, CHI Memorial Hospital Georgia has proudly cared for this community for years. It’s a great responsibility to provide lifesaving care to our friends, families and neighbors, and it’s one we take very seriously.
To continue to deliver on our mission to provide the highest quality care possible, we need to complete our new hospital – which will replace our existing facility, initially built more than 100 years ago, that is limiting our ability to expand the state-of-the-art care we provide.
The new hospital that this community is waiting for has been approved by the State of Georgia and is overwhelmingly supported by residents across North Georgia and Hamilton County in Tennessee. We are ready to break ground, but progress on our new hospital has been stopped by an out-of-state healthcare provider.
Tennessee’s Parkridge Medical Center halted construction of our modern replacement hospital in North Georgia by filing an appeal blocking our Certificate of Need (CON). We can’t put a shovel in the ground until they drop their appeal or we complete a lengthy hearing process. Parkridge’s objection could cost this community years of delay. But North Georgians shouldn’t have to wait that long.
CHI Memorial Hospital Georgia has done everything we can to build the new hospital this community needs and deserves:
- We’ve committed to a $113 million investment in this hospital for this community.
- We conducted third-party polling to ensure that we are meeting the needs of the communities we serve and found that almost everyone is in favor of this new hospital…except Parkridge.
- We’ve even withdrawn our own appeal to Parkridge Medical Center’s freestanding emergency department in East Ridge, Tennessee, as an act of good will.
Now, we need your help. The only thing standing between the residents of North Georgia and the state-of-the-art replacement hospital we need and deserve is Parkridge. Join us in demanding Parkridge to stand down now:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell Parkridge to respect the State of Georgia’s approval of our new hospital by withdrawing their appeal.
- Leave a comment on Parkridge’s social channels – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – to call on them to withdraw their appeal.
- Visit Northwest Georgia Hospital Coalition, Inc.’s website to join community leaders who stand together to bring this new hospital to our region.
- Share your information to learn more about how you can get involved and stand with CHI Memorial by filling out the form below.