In keeping with our mission of caring for all in the community, CHI Memorial dedicates significant resources for programs and services that increase access to health care for the poor and uninsured and improve the health of our community. Community benefit takes many forms, and we are pleased to share CHI Memorial's 2018 Community Benefit Report.
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
The Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) defines priorities for health improvement, creates a collaborative community environment to engage stakeholders, and an open and transparent process to listen and truly understand the health needs of the community served by CHI Memorial in Tennessee and North Georgia.
- 2022 CHNA Implementation Plan
- 2022 CHNA Community Report
- 2019 CHNA Community Report (TN)
- 2019 CHNA Asset Inventory – Hamilton County (TN)
- 2019 CHNA Asset Inventory – Bradley County (TN)
- 2019 CHNA Implementation Plan (TN)
- 2019 CHNA Community Report (GA)
- 2019 CHNA Asset Inventory – Catoosa County (GA)
- 2019 CHNA Asset Inventory – Dade County (GA)
- 2019 CHNA Asset Inventory – Walker County (GA)
- 2019 CHNA Implementation Plan (GA)
- 2016 CHNA Community Report
- 2016 CHNA Asset Inventory – Hamilton County (TN)
- 2016 CHNA Asset Inventory – Catoosa County (GA)
- 2016 CHNA Asset Inventory – Walker County (GA)
- 2016 CHNA Implementation Plan
CHI Memorial is currently accepting applications from non-profit agencies for consideration for fiscal year 2023 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023). The committee will meet throughout the year to determine eligibility and availability of funds. We will contact applicants with updates throughout the year. CHI Memorial’s guidelines for community support, funding application and funding evaluation are available for download.
Improving Health Care Access
CHI Memorial partners with Project Access, the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Health Department, the Homeless Health Care Clinic, the Samaritan Center, Catholic Charities and other agencies to ensure that medical care is available for everyone.
CHI Memorial Community Health Center Hixson offers primary and preventive care and social services regardless of ability to pay.
Mammography Mobile Health Coach
CHI Memorial offers the only mobile mammography services in the region and extends access to mammography, health screenings, and educational information to residents in 35 counties across Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. For more information, call (423) 495-6744.
Breathe. Easy. Mobile Lung CT Coach
CHI Memorial’s Breathe Easy mobile lung CT coach allows us to take low-dose CT lung screening out into our communities and reach people who may not have access or the opportunity to get this scan otherwise. Those who are at highest risk for lung cancer and are ideal candidates for low dose CT screening include:
- current or former smokers
- people ages 50-80 who have smoked for 20 years (one pack per day or more)
- people who quit smoking within the last 15 years
The Breathe. Easy. mobile lung CT coach serves 11 counties in Tennessee, eight counties in North Georgia, and two counties in Northeast Alabama. To register for a low-dose CT lung screening or to schedule the Breathe Easy Coach for an event, call (423) 495-5864 (LUNG).