Systemwide Mobile App Agreement
Catholic Health Initiatives Mobile App Agreement
Last Updated: April 22, 2016
GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM OF A LOCAL HOSPITAL OR DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY.
By downloading and utilizing the Mobile App, you request that we make your information, including your health information, available to you for access through the Mobile App, which may require us to disclose your information to a third party vendor that supports the Mobile App. You are also consenting to our sending you emails and text messages on your mobile phone. You may opt out of receiving emails or texts from us at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency or Urgent Matters. EVEN IF YOU ARE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER THROUGH THIS MOBILE APP, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU OR ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL FOR WHOM YOU ARE ACTING NEEDS TO SPEAK TO A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER ON AN EMERGENT BASIS, YOU SHOULD GO TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM OR DIAL 911.
- Not Medical Advice. Unless you use this mobile app to communicate directly with a health care provider, information in this mobile app is informational only. IF YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CARE RELATED QUESTIONS, CONTACT YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER PROMPTLY. NEVER IGNORE MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU READ ON THIS MOBILE APP.
- Disclaimer. Not all of the health information that you have access to through the mobile app was created by CHI or a provider employed by CHI. Further, you may have the ability to send electronic messages through the mobile app to health care providers that are not employed by CHI ("Non-CHI Providers"). CHI EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO THE HEALTH INFORMATION CREATED BY NON-CHI PROVIDERS THAT IS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE MOBILE APP AND FOR ANY ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNICATIONS OF NON-CHI PROVIDERS THAT ARE MADE THROUGH THE MOBILE APP.
- Electronic Messaging. You should not use the mobile app to communicate urgent issues to a health care provider. Health care providers may take up to 3 business days to respond to a message that you send through the mobile app, and even then, there is no guarantee of a response. If your health care provider is unavailable, messages may be routed to another authorized health care provider. If you have not received a response to an electronic message you sent to a health care provider through the mobile app, you should call the health care provider directly. Any communications you have with a health care provider through the mobile app may be made part of your medical record or the medical record of the individual for which you have Proxy Access.
- Access to Medical Information. If you are able to access your medical information, or the medical information for someone you have Proxy Access for, there is no guarantee that the medical information made available to you through the mobile app is a full representation of the medical record or that such medical information is complete or accurate. Further, we are not responsible for how you use or disclose the medical information after you access it through the mobile app.
- Use of System. You may install this mobile app on one mobile device that you own or control, and may view or download any content for your own personal use.
- Proxy Access. If you have the ability to access your medical information that is maintained by a CHI health care provider through the mobile app, and you are an adult with legal capacity, you may request that another adult individual also be provided with access to your medical information through the mobile app. The ability to access the medical information of another individual through the mobile app is called Proxy Access. Additionally, if you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child or you are the personal representative of an incompetent adult, you may also be provided with Proxy Access to the minor child’s information or the incompetent adult’s information, as the case may be; provided however, Proxy Access to a minor child’s medical information if the minor child is age 12 or older may be limited and/or require the minor child’s permission due to certain federal and state law restrictions. If you are granted Proxy Access, you will have access to the other individual’s medical information via the mobile app, through the creation of your own account. Sharing accounts on a mobile app is prohibited. To request or grant Proxy Access, you should contact your health care provider or the health information department at the CHI hospital where care was provided.
- Mobile Provider Charges. Your mobile provider contract applies when you access the System via this mobile app. Your mobile provider may charge you fees for accessing the mobile app, data downloading, e-mail, text messages, roaming, or other charges. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL MOBILE PROVIDER FEES.
- Mobile Device Information. We may obtain information about the type of mobile device you are using, your phone number, your mobile device identification information, or the real-time physical location of your mobile device. If we begin to offer services related to the physical location of your mobile device, we will obtain your consent before using that information. Most mobile devices allow you to disable location services. BY USING THIS MOBILE APP, YOU ARE EXPRESSLY CONSENTING TO OUR COLLECTION OF THIS INFORMATION.
- Your Account. Do not share your login information with anyone, and write down your mobile app ID and password and keep it in a safe place. If you share your login information with anyone, that person will be able to access your medical information and send messages as if they were you. We recommend you log out after accessing your account, change your password on a periodic basis, and limit access to your computer or mobile device and their browsers. Any change to your account information, and all postings, text, images, messages, files, or other materials you post, transmit through, or link to the System (collectively, “Your Content”), are your sole responsibility. We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind relating to Your Content.
- No Warranty or Support. THE MOBILE APP, SYSTEM, CONTENT, INFORMATION AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." You acknowledge that we do not provide support for this mobile app. The mobile app may not be compatible with your mobile provider’s service plans, or with any particular mobile device, hardware or software. We are not responsible if you cannot download or access the mobile app or System content.
- CHI’s Limited Liability. CHI IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES GREATER THAN $1000, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Termination. CHI may terminate your access to the System for any reason. Upon termination, you must immediately delete all copies and stop using the mobile app. You are responsible for making sure Your Content and other information you desire is downloaded or backed up.
You can contact us through your account or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.