Ability to Perform “Ad-Hoc Video Calls”
The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) has issued a waiver for home health agencies during this time to allow for increased utilization of technology to communicate with our patients and families via “Ad-hoc Video Calls”. The following methods of video communication can be used while the waiver is in place. Examples of solutions for “Ad-hoc Video Calls” that are intended to be used on business or personal devices:
- Apple FaceTime
- Google Hangouts Video
- Skype (both parties must have the application on their device)
Home Health Face to Face Requirements
Physicians will also be able to meet the CMS Home Health Face to Face Requirements via telephonic visits, telemedicine and/or video calls eliminating the need for an in-office visit. Who can benefit:
- At risk, vulnerable patients with co-morbid conditions that need ongoing monitoring (CHF, COPD/pneumonia, diabetes, wound care, CABG or recent surgery)
- Patients with respiratory symptoms with or without underlying disease
- COVID-19 tested positive patients
A patient is considered homebound when it is “medically contraindicated” to for them to leave the home.
- An in-home assessment can be performed at no cost to the patient to determine eligibility under Medicare guidelines with a physician order.
- If the patient is not homebound or does not have a skill for home health, it is a non-billable visit.
Specially Trained COVID-19 Response Team
VNA CHI Health at Home is your trusted partner to care for your vulnerable, at risk patients in addition to those with respiratory symptoms or those COVID-19 tested positive patients. We have a specially trained clinical team to manage patients in their homes and prevent readmission to the ED or hospital utilizing CDC and state best practice guidelines. In addition to in-home visits the following modalities are utilized for between visit monitoring:
- Telephonic visits
- Telehealth monitoring with included peripherals: temperature probe, blood pressure cuff, pulse ox, high capacity talking scale and measuring tape
- Video calls via smartphone or tablet
To Make a Referral – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Office: 423-495-8550 | Fax: 423-495-3723
Download a flyer for office staff.
Health at Home Provider Link
Limit in-person interactions and practice social distancing while coordinating care with complete remote access to patient information.
Limit Exposure and Save Time During COVID-19 Crisis
By using Provider Link, you can digitally sign patient orders with one signature and remotely access patient records and progress, thereby reducing unnecessary exposure through face-to-face signatures and fax machines. Your email address is all you need to get started!
Free webinars are available weekly to help physicians learn how to maximize the functionality of Provider Link. This quick, easy program will help you navigate orders awaiting signature, vital sign
alerts, referrals, admissions and discharges within the last 30 days. Work with your local CRE for additional guidance.
Full View Access to Patient Record
Provider Link can give you full access to orders, progress on goals, medications, vital sign statistics and trends, clinical visit notes and more. This virtual tool will help coordinate care while adhering to hospital visitor restrictions, keeping you and your patients safe during the COVID-19 crisis.
For more information, please contact 423.495.8550.