Two New Admission Orders Have Been Created for outpatients.
- Place in outpatient - This is to be ordered for Outpatient procedures when the patient will be discharged after standard same day recovery period and will not need to be transferred to a bed on a nursing unit for overnight recovery.
- Patient in outpatient with overnight recovery - This is to be ordered for outpatient procedures when a patient needs to be transferred to a nursing unit for at least one-overnight of recovery. This will initiate a bed request in Patient Intake.
- When NOT to use this selection:
- Inpatient Only Procedures
- Patients who recover overnight in CSSU
Click here to download a job aid.