Fast Track, a program that provides emergency level care for pediatric and adult patients who have minor illnesses and injuries, is available at each of our hospital campuses. When patients come to the ED they go through the triage process and are assigned to ED Fast Track based on the level of medical care they require. Fast Track is designed to evaluate and treat patients with minor problems more efficiently – helping them get in and out of the emergency department faster than otherwise possible.
Staffed with dedicated physicians and advanced nurse practitioners, Fast Track reduces the number of times an individual must relay information and ensures everyone on the care team is on the same page. This program has been shown to reduce overall wait times by identifying critical versus non-urgent medical needs, meaning people get the care they need – right when they need it.
- CHI Memorial Hopsital Chattanooga's Fast Track is open daily 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- CHI Memorial Hospital Hixson's Fast Track is open daily 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- CHI Memorial Hospital Georgia's Fast Track is open daily 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Fast Track is equipped to quickly address minor medical emergencies, including:
- Allergic reactions and rashes
- Coughs and cold symptoms
- Cuts and lacerations
- Skin infections
- Mild nausea and vomiting
- Urinary tract infections
- Back and extremity pain
- Sprains, bruises and other injuries