The right wellness program can save thousands of dollars annually per employee in treatment and premium costs. Identifying potential diseases, managing chronic conditions and helping employees make lifestyle changes early can save money while also improving other aspects of work life. In addition to reduced healthcare costs, benefits of a workplace wellness program include:
- Decreased rates of illness and injuries, including workers’ compensation claims
- Better control of chronic conditions
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Improved employee relations and morale
- Increased productivity
- Enhanced recruitment and retention of healthy employees
*A 2014 study in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine indicated that well-designed wellness programs lead to a return on investment ranging from $1.5 to more than $3 invested in a time frame of two to nine years.