Early detection increases cancer survival rates. CHI Memorial Mobile Health Coaches bring screenings and information on breast health to the community. We can assist in scheduling screenings for skin, head/neck, thoracic, prostate, breast, cervical and colorectal cancers. Our Center for Cancer Support has educational materials and knowledgeable staff to inform you about signs and symptoms of cancer.
Your risk of cancer increases through:
- Habitual tobacco use, now or in the past
- Sedentary lifestyles
- Increased weight gain
- Diets high in saturated fats and processed foods and low in fresh vegetables and fruits
- Age - many cancers are more likely to occur in older individuals
- Family history - many cancers, like breast cancer, have a genetic link.
Five things you can do to help prevent cancer:
- Stop or don’t start smoking
- Be active
- Maintain a healthy weight through a diet low in saturated fats and processed foods and high in fresh vegetables and fruits
- Know your genetic risks
- Participate in regular cancer screenings