Yield: 10-12 1/2-cup servings | Prep: 15 mins. | Ready in: 8 hours (best chilled overnight) | PDF version
What you need:
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded or chopped (I like it finely shredded, using the grater blade of the food processor.)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup vinegar (distilled or apple cider vinegar will work
What you do:
- Toss cabbage, green pepper, and onion together in large bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar (or Splenda) over cabbage mix.
- Bring to boil the 1 tablespoon of sugar, dry mustard, celery seeds, salt, oil, and vinegar.
- While hot, pour over cabbage mixture and gently stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight, stirring several times. Will last 2 weeks in refrigerator.